Award-winning Cybersecurity Professional, Cybersecurity Awareness and Inclusion Advocate, CyberSafe Foundation Founder and Executive Director, CyberSafe Foundation
Confidence Staveley is an award-winning Cybersecurity Professional, Cybersecurity Awareness and inclusion Advocate, Global Shaper Alumni and Entrepreneur with over a decade’s worth of experience in technology.
Confidence has achieved numerous professional certifications and industry recognitions. She is a Cybersecurity Woman of the Year 2021 Award winner, IFSEC Global Top Influencer in Security & Fire 2021, Top 50 women in Cybersecurity Africa 2020, Young CISO Network Vanguard Recognition Awardwinner, etc., an acknowledgment of her professionalism and expertise globally. She was also recently named a 2021 African Obama Leader and is an alumnus of the US Department of State’s International Visitor Leadership Program. Confidence serves on several boards and steering committees including; The G100 as Global Chair for Cybersecurity, The Girls & Mobile Steering Committee as a member.
She is the Founder and Executive Director of CyberSafe Foundation, a leading non-Governmental organization dedicated to improving inclusive and safe digital access in Africa. Through her foundation, Confidence is helping to protect the most vulnerable people and businesses in our communities in the following ways:
- In collaboration with international and local stakeholders, Cybersafe Foundation played a major role in the launch of a national cybersecurity toolkit to provide SMEs with an awareness of cyber risks and access to free tools and resources to protect their businesses.
- Funded by the UK Government, upskilled employees of 4,500 SMEs as a response to the heightened Cybersecurity threats small businesses faced at the start of the COVID pandemic.
- Funded by the UK Government, equipped 2000+ women and girls across Nigeria with intermediate level digital skills required to participate in the Digital Economy.
- Helping women start a career in cybersecurity through CyberGirls Fellowship, an intensive cybersecurity training, mentorship and placement program working in Nigeria, Egypt, South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, Zambia and Rwanda.
- Championed an innovative national cybersecurity awareness campaign across Nigeria which provided 10,000,000 people resident in Nigeria with cybersecurity hygiene best practices.
- Launched the first truly Pan-African Cybersecurity awareness toolkit designed for senior citizens published in 8 languages spoken in Africa.
Confidence Staveley's Events
Date: Thursday, September 15
Presented by: Confidence Staveley, Award-winning Cybersecurity Professional, Cybersecurity Awareness and Inclusion Advocate, CyberSafe Foundation Founder and Executive Director, CyberSafe Foundation